Car accidents are common causes of serious injury and death in New York each year. Car accidents can have numerous causes, and understanding what caused your accident is the key to getting compensation. Hire a strong car accident lawyer who will help you prove fault and fight for your rightful compensation.
Car Accident Statistics
- During the period from 2005-2007 there was an annual average of 1,430 deaths, 15,251 hospitalizations and 143,611 emergency department visits due to car accidents.
- In 2008 there were 1,167 car accidents and 1,231 deaths.
- In 2009 there were 1,067 car accidents and 1,156 deaths.
- In 2010 New York had 1,127 fatal car crashes, which resulted in 1,200 fatalities.
- In 2011 there were 1,092 car accidents and 1,169 deaths.
- In 2012 there were 1,085 car crashes and 1,168 fatal deaths.
- In 2013 there were 1,121 fatal car crashes and 1,199 fatal deaths.
- There was a yearly average of 1,464 deaths due to car accident related injuries, killing 7.6 of every 100,000 New Yorkers. The rates were highest for males and New Yorkers ages 20–24 followed by those aged 65 and older.
- The rate of deaths due to motor vehicle traffic-related injuries has remained consistent, with a high of 8.4 deaths per 100,000 New Yorkers in 2001 and a low of 7.5 deaths per 100,000 New Yorkers in 2005.
- There was a yearly average of 15,435 hospitalizations due to car accident related injuries, hospitalizing 80.1 of every 100,000 New Yorkers. The rates were highest for males and New Yorkers ages 20-24 followed by ages 15 –19.
New York Car Accident Attorney
Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. knows how to best represent you when negotiating with an insurance company or tackling your case. We have the ability to fight for your legal rights and advocate for you. Call us today at 914-357-8911/ 718-619-4215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We serve in Westchester, White Plains, the Bronx, Yonkers, Queens and Mt. Vernon in New York.