Slip and fall accidents account for many injuries, however most of them can be prevented by being knowledgeable and taking the necessary precautions to prevent them. Below are some common causes of slip and fall accidents.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
1. Wet floors: Surfaces that are slippery because of water or other liquids result in slip and fall related injuries.
2. Clutter: Unnecessary clutter and objects like debris, cords or packages in the walkway can obstruct a person’s pathway causing them to trip.
3. Uneven surfaces: Uneven floors, steps or broken and missing pavements cause many accidents on a regular basis.
4. Weather conditions: Bad weather conditions such as rain, ice and snow result in many outdoor slip and fall injuries.
5. Inadequate lighting: When a path is not well lit people cannot see potential hazards in their way, which may cause injury if they fall or slip.
6. Improper Training: When working in the manufacturing and construction fields, workers may be required to spend a large amount of time on slick surfaces or narrow pathways. If proper training is not provided by the employer the workers could suffer serious injuries.
Other causes of slip and fall accidents can be attributed to personal conduct and limitations such as poor vision, loss of balance, wearing poor footwear, etc.
Owners of public property are expected to maintain their properties in a safe manner. So, if you or a loved one is injured due to the improper maintenance of the property, you may be able to file a claim for your injuries. A qualified attorney can help to make sure your rights are protected. Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. has been helping injured people for over 60 years. Contact our office today. Call: (914)-357-8911/ (718)-619-4215 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org