Many of us enjoy a few hours shopping in our favorite stores. It gives us a break in our daily chores and provides a nice diversion from life’s daily routine. When you’re heading out the door to do some shopping, chances are you’re not thinking about what may happen if you slip, trip or fall and end up with serious injuries.
We all know that accidents can happen at any time and anywhere. The main culprit in these types of incidents is inattention to our surroundings. Are we focused or are we multi-tasking?
Are we paying attention to the details of our environment? Its unimportant whether we are inside a store or outside on the street. It is vital to be fully aware of where you are at all times.
Slip and fall accidents can result in serious injuries ranging in severity from sprained wrists to traumatic brain injury. The following are steps to take if you have tripped and fallen in a store:
- Get medical assistance.
- Notify the manager or owner of the store and ask if there is an accident report you can fill out.
- If so, fill out the report and keep a copy for yourself.
- Take photographs or videos of where the accident happened.
- If there were witnesses, get their contact information.
- Ask if there were working cameras in the store and how you might obtain a copy of the footage.
- As soon as possible, write down the circumstances surrounding the accident. For example, the weather that day, the clothes you were wearing, what you were looking at in the store, etc. The longer you wait to record your recollections, the hazier your memory will be.
- Do not speak to the responsible person’s attorney or insurance company unless you speak with your attorney first.
Personal injury cases can be complex and complicated. The best course of action is to find an attorney that has the experience, knowledge and determination to stand by your side and help you receive the compensation you need and deserve. The attorneys at Marvin A. Cooper P.C. in Westchester County have years of experience handling personal injury cases and know when to negotiate and when to take a case to trial to ensure that you get the best possible compensation. Call 914-357-8911 or 718-619-4215 or email email@example.com.