Personal injury cases take different forms, but the stages of a personal injury case remain constant. A typical personal injury lawsuit will involve the following stages:
- Meeting with lawyer: During this meeting, the lawyer will determine if you have the right to file for compensation. The lawyer will also identify any laws suitable for your situation.
- Filing a case: Filing a lawsuit in court involves the exchange of documents like complaints, answers and motions.
- Facts finding and evidence collection: In this stage, collect required facts and evidences that can help make your case.
- Pre-Trial motion: This motion determines rules both parties must follow during the litigation process. Pre-trial motion may sometimes put an end to a claim.
- Settlement: In the settlement process, the parties can make a settlement and end the case before trial. The trial continues if an agreement is not reached.
- Trial: Trial involves presentation of evidence to support arguments.
- Collecting money after judgement: At the end of trial, the plaintiff either receives or does not receive compensation.
Personal Injury Lawyer in Yonkers NY
Attorney William H. Cooper is an experienced personal injury attorney in New York. The lawyers at Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. law firm help clients claim the compensation they deserve. Contact Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. at 718-619-4215.