When you are injured in an accident in Westchester due to the negligence of another person, you should consult an accident attorney. You may file a personal injury claim against the negligent party. An accident attorney will guide you through the claims process.
Westchester accident attorney , Mr. William H. Cooper, explains how an accident attorney can help when you are injured in an accident:
- Fact Assessment: Your Westchester accident attorney can conduct a preliminary investigation that includes reviewing documents prepared by police, doctors and witness statements. Using this information, your accident attorney can determine if you have a viable claim.
- Further Investigation: Your Westchester accident attorney will investigate on your behalf. The attorney will visit the accident site, and re-interview all the witnesses. The attorney also prepares and forwards questions to the negligent party, with a request for a written response.
- Claim Amount: The accident attorney calculates the approximate value of your pain and suffering. The attorney then demands the compensation you deserve.
- Fair Compensation: The Westchester accident attorney has the skills and abilities to demand fair compensation for your pain, suffering, damages and medical bills. An insurance company might create problems, and an accident lawyer can negotiate with them.
- Out of Court Settlement: The attorney tries to reach a mutually agreeable out of court settlement between you and the negligent party’s insurance company. This saves everyone the time and expense of going to court.
- Court Representation: In case of unsuccessful settlement, the attorney can represent you in a court of law. In some states it is necessary for an individual to be represented by an attorney.