Motorcycles can be a dangerous mode of transportation. Approximately 4,000 motorcyclists die in crashes every year, and 80,000 suffer injury, according to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). On average, motorcyclists are 34 times more likely to die in motor vehicle accidents, and eight times more likely to be injured.
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident , it is important for you to know what to do. Knowing what to do after an accident can improve your chance of obtaining proper compensation for your related injuries.
After a motor vehicle accident:
- If you or a family member suffers an injury during an accident in White Plains, seeking medical attention is the first step.
- Exchange all the necessary driver and insurance information with all involved parties.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Stay at the scene of the accident until a police officer arrives at the scene.
- Do not speak without the presence of your attorney or your statements may work against you.
- Remember to get a copy of the reports. Call your White Plains motorcycle accident lawyer immediately.
- Try to get the contact information of any witnesses, and take pictures of the accident and all vehicles.
- Create a written record of your injuries, pain, inability to sleep and other problems stemming from the accident. Create a visual record of your injuries, and ask a friend or medical professional to take photographs of your injuries.
Expert Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in White Plains
If you sustain an injury due to the negligence of another, it is essential to discuss your legal rights with a motorcycle accident attorney. White Plains motorcycle accident attorneys at Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. are committed to protecting their clients' rights and future. The attorneys at Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. know the law, and will fight to get every dollar you deserve. Call us at 914-357-8911/718-619-4215 for a free consultation.