Car Accident Attorney in White Plains, NYC, Westchester NY
Car accidents are common in New York. Hiring an experienced car accident lawyer in NY is the best way to receive rightful compensation following a serious accident.
Serious injuries need to be properly documented and relevant information gathered so that top compensation for damages may be recovered. It is important to act quickly when filing a claim.
Causes of Car Accidents
There is a myriad of causes for car accidents. For instance, reckless driving or drunk driving may cause car accidents. A brake failure may prevent a driver from braking in time and may lead to serious injuries. Consider these common causes of car accidents:
- Distracted Driving – Drivers who aren’t paying full attention to the road are more likely than others to get into an accident.
- Reckless Driving (Intentional Misconduct) – Reckless driving includes operating the vehicle in a way that is known to be risky, such as speeding, failing to obey basic traffic rules, and driving with too many passengers in the car.
- Product Failure – Sometimes accidents are caused by defects in vehicles or safety equipment. Perhaps the Automobile manufacturers are responsible for a serious injury. Examples include brake failure, tire blowout, loss of steering among others.
- Poor Roadways – The State of NY and the five boroughs (Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island, and Queens) have a responsibility to provide safe roads. Poor roadway maintenance, the presence of potholes, and road construction all increase the probability of car accidents, as do poorly marked roads and hazardous road designs.
- Driving Under the Influence – Although illegal, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol causes many injuries and deaths each year. Drivers who are intoxicated drivers are impaired by poor judgment and dull motor skills. The CDC reports that about 28 percent of all fatal motor vehicle accidents involve a drunk driver.
Reasons to Hire A Personal Injury Attorney After A Serious Car Accident
- To Work with Insurance Companies
- To Receive Maximum Compensation
- To Navigate through the Legal Aspects of Your Case
- To Help in a Final Settlement
- To Guide You in the Compensation Claim
Steps to Take After a Car Crash
Collect evidence – photographs of the crash site, injuries, and witness’ details. Contact police immediately to file an accident report. Consult with a doctor.
Types of Damages Recovered in a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a serious accident you may claim compensation for:
- Loss of Quality of Life
- Property damage
- Medical Expenses
- Income Losses
- Pain and Suffering and more
Talk to Attorney William H. Cooper, New York Car Accident Attorney
The law firm of Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. in White Plains has over 60 years of experience helping accident victims. The lawyers in this firm are experienced in negotiating with insurance agencies and in fighting for top compensation. Call 718-619-4215 for a free consultation.
Our auto accident attorneys in Westchester County, White Plains, NYC, Rockland County and all of New York fight for you to receive the maximum compensation you deserve.