Dangerous and unsafe road conditions are a major contributing factor in car accidents in the United States, resulting in serious injuries and even fatalities. If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident due to unsafe road conditions, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. Hire an experienced and skilled car accident lawyer as soon as possible to protect your rights.
Some of the common types of unsafe road conditions that lead to car accidents include:
- Objects on the road
- Malfunctioning traffic lights
- Missing signs
- Signs blocked by trees or vegetation
- Poor road maintenance
- Improper road design
- Negligent construction
- Steep shoulders and drop-offs
- Poor lighting
Car accidents due to dangerous road condition cases involve government entities and can be complex. Victims of unsafe road condition car accidents may likely face a city, county, or even a state in court instead of an individual or insurance company.
In the case of car accidents caused by unsafe road conditions, the following facts are taken into consideration:
- The state or local government entity (or in some areas, the private company) is responsible for maintaining the roadway.
- The entity somehow failed to meet its legal obligation to maintain a reasonably safe roadway.
- The entity was aware of a severe road or highway danger and failed to fix it.
Hire an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a car accident caused by unsafe road conditions, contact Marvin A. Cooper, P.C. We will fight for you. Since 1960, we have been working solely on a contingency fee basis with no fee charged unless and until our client receives the maximum compensation possible. We are experienced in handling automobile accident cases and will ensure that you receive full compensation for your injuries and damages. Call 914-357-8911 or 718-619-4215 or email email@example.com.