Auto accidents can happen anywhere, irrespective of place and location. However, due to a high concentration of people and vehicles in close proximity in urban areas and city streets it poses a lot of danger for serious accidents. Minor and major auto accidents are the cause for traffic congestion and other road hazards.
Common causes of Auto accidents in urban areas and city streets include:
- Driver impairment: Impairment occurs when an individual’s ability to operate a motor vehicle is compromised due to the use of alcohol, illegal drugs or other prescribed medicines. Intoxicated drivers have difficulty concentrating putting others on the road at risk for a catastrophic car accident.
- Driver distractions: These days, an increased number of accidents are being caused by drivers who are distracted by technology, such as smart phones, GPS trackers, iPads and other electronic devices. Even older technological devices such as car radios still cause a fair share of auto accidents each year.
- Reckless driving: Speeding, improper lane changes and road rage are extremely common in urban areas especially where traffic jams are common.
- Running red lights: This is one of the number one cause of urban and city auto accidents. Running a red light can be extremely dangerous to drivers and other unsuspecting motorists.
- Poorly maintained roads: Many urban and city roads are heavily used and poorly maintained resulting in cracks, potholes and other defects that can make them dangerous.
- Busy streets: While highways may seem like the most dangerous place for accidents to occur, a number of collisions also result from impatient frustrated drivers who tend to be more reckless on busy city streets, resulting in auto accidents.
- Construction zones: City streets tend to require regular maintenance by construction workers. So when construction zones are improperly blocked off, or no signs are visible to inform drivers of a construction zone this can result in an increased probability of auto accidents.
Contact Marvin A. Cooper, P.C Auto Accident Attorneys
If you or someone you love has been injured or if you have tragically lost a member of your family in an auto accident, auto accident attorneys from Marvin A Cooper, P.C can help. We know how to best represent each of our clients, including being able to negotiate with the insurance company and how to take your case to trial when necessary.